Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Swatch/Review: LynBDesigns St. Patrick's Day Duo

Hello wonderful nail polish addicts! So today I have something pretty dang awesome to show you all... LynBDesigns St. Patrick's Day Duo! LynBDesigns is an indie nail polish brand that sells not only nail polish, but jewelry, perfumes, and loads of other amazing stuff! I'd definitely recommend checking Jenna's Etsy page out, but just to prove how wonderful her products are, make sure to keep reading for my review!




WARNING: Very picture heavy! I don't want to flood you all with loads of images, but I couldn't force myself to take any out. Plus, these two are so pretty that I'm sure you all won't mind. :)

First up we have Faerie Green. It's a deep green crelly polish. I can't pinpoint what makes this color so different, but I have never seen another green like it in my life. For whatever reason, I horde green nail polish, but I have nothing that even comes close. It's not quite matte, but not shiny (I believe it's labelled as a satin finish on its page).

Here are a few pictures to give you guys an idea of what it looks like in the bottle:



So first off, here are, from left to right, one, two, and three coats. One was very patchy. You could definitely get away with two, but I went with three just to make sure the color was solid and even on every nail.

All of these pictures were taken using Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler as a base coat.

Application was a little difficult at first, but I quickly figured out that it was just because I wasn't using enough polish. You'll want to get a little more on the brush than usual to make sure everything spreads out easily. It dried very quickly, which meant if you used a thin coat of polish, you'd still be trying to even it all out by the time it was starting to get gooey and dry.

Here are a couple different angles just to give you all a full view of the polish. These are three coats on each nail. These pictures come pretty close to Faerie Green's actual color, but depending on your monitor or any other factors, it might not be 100% true to the color.





Here's with a top coat of Seche Vite. You can see the difference it makes. I'm not sure which one I like better, though. I think the satin finish really suited the polish.





Up next, we have This is Your Brain on Shamrocks. First of all, can I just say that I am in LOVE with the name? It just makes me giggle whenever I see it. Hehe. I don't think I'll ever be able to list all of the glitter in this polish, but I'll do my best! It has small silver and green glitter, medium silver hex glitter, large green hex glitter, and some silver flakey glitter. I also believe I saw some green moon crescent shapes in there, but I didn't get only on my nails for the swatch (sad face). Again, here are some pictures of it in the bottle: 



Annnd a super up-close shot. My camera didn't quite seem to like zooming in this much, but I hope you guys can get the idea. 


Here's one coat on each nail over Faerie Green from earlier. I also have a top coat of Seche Vite on top. I forgot to take a picture before I added the top coat - Sorry! 


Application was a total dream. I can get grumpy about glitters and their application, but This is Your Brain on Shamrocks was completely wonderful. 




And just to show what TIYBOS (Am I allowed to abbreviate it like that? I'm getting too lazy to type it all out over and over again, hehe) looks like built up again, here are three coats of it on my ring finger, with Seche Vite on top. Believe it or not, I think I prefer one coat to three. It gives TIYBOS and Faerie Green equal parts in the manicure, instead of letting just one take the spotlight. 


And... that's about it! Overall, I would definitely recommend these two polishes. The colors are perfect for St. Patty's day, but at the same time, you could wear them any time of the year. 

You can buy Faerie Green, This is Your Brain on Shamrocks, and all of Jenna's other wonderful creations at  the LynBDesigns Etsy shop

As usual, make sure to follow The Polished Platypus here, 'like' on Facebook, and follow on Twitter to hear whenever I have a new post out! We should be back to a fairly regular schedule after this week. I've got one more review to do for you guys in the next couple weeks, so keep your eyes open for that one. Catch you all later!

*Disclaimer: These polishes were provided for me to review. All opinions were my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!