Saturday, April 27, 2013

NOTD: Gold French Tips

Hello fellow platypi (platypuses?)! So I've had... well, not much sleep the last couple weeks, and along with the side effect of turning into a zombie, I'm lacking motivation to do anything other than sleep. I couldn't muster the energy to come up with a good tutorial (sorry!) so I decided to do my first nail-of-the-day post. Here goes nothing!

So today I used China Glaze's For Audrey with a french tip in Orly Luxe.


I've got a pretty funny story about For Audrey. Ever since I've immersed myself in the nail polish world, I've heard all about For Audrey. Everywhere. Seems like everyone who's ever painted their nails owns and loves this color. "What's the big deal?" Silly me thought. And then I needed a new white polish, so I got the China Glaze ombre set that conveniently contained For Audrey. "Oh I'll just try it out once but I don't think I'll like it." Hehe. And then guess who used it in her last two tutorials and now this post. Thiiss girrll! Ah, well.


And then there's Luxe, AKA my favorite gold nail polish ever. I don't really have a reason why I love it so much. But I just do.


(Oh, yeah! Today I learned how annoying it is to do a french tip over a solid color. It's easy peasy on bare nails because all you have to do is follow the line your nail makes, but with a color under you just have to guess when your nail meets the skin. I'm rambling, aren't I?)

I topped everything with Seche Vite, and had myself some spiffy french tips! I really enjoyed these just because I focus so much on nail art that I never take a break to do something more simple. I'm also a sucker for a good blue and gold combo.

That's all for now! What'd you guys think of this design? I'm happy with how they turned out, even if they're not as intricate and time-consuming as some other designs I've done. If you liked this post, help me out by following here, on Facebook, and Twitter! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading every one of your comments, and I do my best to respond to each and every one!